Since July 2011, the port de Sète has a fruit terminal on the quay E.
It includes :
• 23 000 m² of refrigerated storage areas (-25 to + 14 °C) adapted for receiving and shipping of different types of fruit and vegetables,
• a receipt storage capacity of 15 000 t, a storage of around 5600 pallets
• 1,100 m² of offices,
• a processing capacity of 400,000 pallets / year and 30 000 EVP (TEU)
The fruit terminal benefits from the equipment of the container terminal, which allows the process of all kind of pallet and container, whatever their provenance.
• a container crane of 34 tons to 32 m range
• a gantry crance over panamax of 60 tons to 44 m range
• a crane on rail of 32 tonnes, equipped with a spreader "automatic"
• a container park with minimum 120 plugs,
• 45 lift trucks and pallet trucks,
• 2 PPM for handling containers,
The container terminal has all the advantages and services of the Port of Sète:
• Border inspection point (PIF) for veterinary checks,
• Point of Entry Community (PEC) for plant health checks,
• compliance with the latest safety regulations (ISPS)
• bonded warehouse,
• computerised traceability of goods and containers.
• 88 parking spaces dedicated to trucks, at the eastern entrance of the port.
The terminal meets the latest criteria of efficiency and quality for handling perishable products.