The commercial port of Sète
The Languedoc-Roussillon Region has been the owner of the port of Sete since 2007, it is significantly engaged in the development of the port infrastructure to boost trade in goods and passenger transport.
The commercial port of Sète is acting in three ways:
• An ideal infrastructure to create economic growth by attracting new industrial and commercial enterprises and support for existing companies in the areas of logistics and transport.
• Providing competitiveness for regional businesses in sectors such as the agriculture industry and others thanks to the maritime transport that it can accommodate helping to organise their flow of goods.
• Offering multimodal solutions capable of offering interfaces with sea / rail - sea / river as alternative to road transport, as well as the fight against greenhouse gases.
• A natural facilities for International Trade in the area “Espace du Grand Sud-Oest” and Languedoc Roussillon
The Port of Sète, gateway of the South of Europe
To attract new traffic, the port of Sète has significant advantages :
• Its location in Western Mediterranean at the crossroads of maritime routes makes it an ideal gateway to South Europe
• A maximum draft of 14.5 m allows it to accommodate larger vessels (up to 260 meters)
• Its versatility with the ability to handle all types of traffic such as passenger, rolling cargo, bulk and general cargo including containerised cargo and heavy lifts.
• Its multimodal service through its direct connection to the southern European motorway network, its interconnection with the railway network and direct access to the river via the Canal du Rhone at Sete.
• The regional dimension of the port offers ease its internal relations and it direct contact with customers
• The strong will of the regional to revitalise the port of Sète through huge investments